In response to increased industry interest, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) announced today that the National Online Dialogue to address the problem of transit worker assaults will remain open until Wednesday, August 31.
The National Online Dialogue presents stakeholders with an opportunity to help FTA identify risk control strategies, impediments to a safe workplace, and possible solutions to these assaults. Recently added discussion topics include passenger education; coordinated efforts with law enforcement; and fare policy, evasion, and enforcement.
Using the information gathered from this publicly-accessible dialogue, the FTA will develop a proposed safety rule to address assaults on bus and rail transit operators as required by the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act. The U.S. Transportation Secretary’s Transit Advisory Committee for Safety (TRACS) issued a report on this subject in 2015.
For more information on how to participate in the transit worker assault dialogue, please watch the FTA’s informational webinar.
- 31 Aug 2018Effective Practices in Bus Transit Safety Emergency Response
- 01 Mar 2018POSITIVE TRAIN CONTROL Many Commuter Railroads Still Have Significant Additional Implementation Work and Opportunities Exist to Provide Federal Assistance
- 06 Feb 2018Substance Abuse Model Policy Templates and Instructions for Adopting Policy
- 24 Jan 2018TCRP Report 194: Pre-publication Draft: Knowledge Management Resource to Support Strategic Workforce Development for Transit Agencies
- 01 Jan 2018TCRP Report 195: Pre-publication Draft: Broadening Understanding of the Interplay Between Public Transit, Shared Mobility, and Personal Automobiles