Services and resources include safety related state and federal regulations, as well as standards related to transit system safety, the FTA State Safety Oversight Program, and drug and alcohol testing regulations. A page of frequently used links provides one click access to a variety of useful websites from regulatory agencies such as USDOT, FHWA and FTA; industry groups such as APTA and CTAA; and research resources such as TRB and TRID. The training page includes links with a range of transit safety offerings to further professional development of transit agency personnel. Additional resources include those related to leading or model transit safety and security practices, policies, programs, or research.
Other Federal agency resources and related resources include: reports and letters issued by FTA’s Transit Advisory Committee for Safety (TRACS) and accident investigation reports issued by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
- 03 Oct 2017(U) Active Shooter Indicators
- 24 Aug 2017TCRP Synthesis 126: Successful Practices and Training Initiatives to Reduce Accidents and Incidents at Transit Agencies
- 25 May 2017TCRP Synthesis J-07/Topic SA-39 [Active (Synthesis)]: Managing Extreme Weather at Bus Stops
- 08 May 2017Register for the Transit Asset Management (TAM) Webinar: Building an Asset Inventory
- 08 May 2017TCRP C-23 [RFP]: Assessing and Mitigating Electrical Fires on Transit Vehicles