TRB’s Standing Committee on Transit Safety and Security (AP080) is concerned with fostering and stimulating research and communication activities that advance public transit safety and security. This focus includes identifying research needs, formulating research problem statements to address those needs, supporting the development of best practices, informing the industry of relevant new and emerging technologies to address areas of greatest risk to the public transit industry, and supporting and sponsoring forums, publications, and conferences to inform the industry.
To be a Friend of the Standing Committee, log onto www.mytrb.org and go to AP080 to enroll.
Standing Committee Meetings
- January 6, 2021 | 2021 TRB Annual Meeting, A Virtual Event
- Risk Mitigation Planning for Revenue Service Testing of Bus Automated Emergency Braking
- TSA’s Demonstration of SenseGuard™ for CBRNE Systems at Transit Sites
- TRB Annual 2021_AP080_Transit Temporary Ventilation Barrier_v1-1
Standing Committee Members
For the Committee membership list/roster, please log into MyTRB and visit the AP080 page.
- 21 Jan 2021Current Practices in the Use of Onboard Technologies to Avoid Transit Bus Incidents and Accidents (TCRP Synthesis of Transit Practice)
- 21 Jan 2021Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation (TCRP Research Report)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Annual Report on Public Transportation Innovation Research Projects for Fiscal Year 2020 (Report 0181)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management Follow-up for Less than 30 Ft Bus (Report 0141)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)