This webcast provides an overview of the recently completed Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) Synthesis 97 report Improving Bus Transit Safety Through Rewards and Discipline – A Synthesis of Transit Practice. The webcast presentation addresses current practices and experiences of public transit agencies in applying both corrective actions and rewards to recognize, motivate, and reinforce a safety culture for bus operators within their organizations. Participants will be encouraged to ask questions as well as share information on innovative programs at their agencies. The purpose of this webcast and interactive session is to aid public transit agencies and other stakeholders in deciding how to proceed in in dealing with award and discipline programs. Download a PDF copy of the presentation and the TCRP Synthesis 97 final report.
Presenters: Amber Reep, Senior Research Associate, Center for Urban Transportation Research and Randall Pine, Pine and Associates
- 21 Jan 2021Current Practices in the Use of Onboard Technologies to Avoid Transit Bus Incidents and Accidents (TCRP Synthesis of Transit Practice)
- 21 Jan 2021Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation (TCRP Research Report)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Annual Report on Public Transportation Innovation Research Projects for Fiscal Year 2020 (Report 0181)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management Follow-up for Less than 30 Ft Bus (Report 0141)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)