This webcast presents a recently completed NCTR project titled Moving the Bus Back Into Traffic Safely Phase II, sponsored by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). This project evaluated the effectiveness of using yield-to-bus electronic warning signs on transit buses to improve transit bus safety. The speakers present the selected performance measures, the methodology applied to collect field data, the results of the comprehensive data analysis, and the conclusions/recommendations of the study. Download a PDF copy of the presentation.
Presenters: Pei-Sung Lin, Ph.D., P.E., PTOE, ITS Program Director and Aldo Fábregas, Research Associate, Center for Urban Transportation Research
- 21 Jan 2021Current Practices in the Use of Onboard Technologies to Avoid Transit Bus Incidents and Accidents (TCRP Synthesis of Transit Practice)
- 21 Jan 2021Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation (TCRP Research Report)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Annual Report on Public Transportation Innovation Research Projects for Fiscal Year 2020 (Report 0181)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management Follow-up for Less than 30 Ft Bus (Report 0141)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)