Using wheelchair lifts and ramps on transit vehicles takes knowledge and practice on the part of operators and customers. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that transit operators provide lifts or ramps and securement systems for people using mobility devices. This guide explains how to serve customers under the ADA with a specific focus on lift and ramp operation and provides tips for operators who transport people using mobility devices. Also included, are tips for customers using mobility devices while riding transit.
- 21 Jan 2021Current Practices in the Use of Onboard Technologies to Avoid Transit Bus Incidents and Accidents (TCRP Synthesis of Transit Practice)
- 21 Jan 2021Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation (TCRP Research Report)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Annual Report on Public Transportation Innovation Research Projects for Fiscal Year 2020 (Report 0181)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management Follow-up for Less than 30 Ft Bus (Report 0141)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)