The Federal Transit Administration’s Office of Transit Safety & Oversight will host a webinar from 2-3:30 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, April 12 to discuss the State Safety Oversight (SSO) final rule. This session will be an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the provisions of the rule and ask questions related to implementation.
The SSO rule, published on March 16, 2016, replaces the rules that had been in place for the past 20 years and significantly strengthens a State Safety Oversight Agency’s (SSOA) authority to investigate accidents and oversee a rail transit agency’s implementation of its System Safety Program Plan and Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan. SSOAs will have three years from the effective date of the final rule to fully implement the rule’s requirements. Stay updated on FTA safety rulemakings on FTA’s safety-related rulemaking webpage.
- 08 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)
- 31 Aug 2018Effective Practices in Bus Transit Safety Emergency Response
- 01 Mar 2018POSITIVE TRAIN CONTROL Many Commuter Railroads Still Have Significant Additional Implementation Work and Opportunities Exist to Provide Federal Assistance
- 06 Feb 2018Substance Abuse Model Policy Templates and Instructions for Adopting Policy
- 24 Jan 2018TCRP Report 194: Pre-publication Draft: Knowledge Management Resource to Support Strategic Workforce Development for Transit Agencies