The Federal Transit Administration’s Office of Transit Safety & Oversight will host a webinar from 2-3:30 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, April 12 to discuss the State Safety Oversight (SSO) final rule. This session will be an opportunity for attendees to learn more about the provisions of the rule and ask questions related to implementation.
The SSO rule, published on March 16, 2016, replaces the rules that had been in place for the past 20 years and significantly strengthens a State Safety Oversight Agency’s (SSOA) authority to investigate accidents and oversee a rail transit agency’s implementation of its System Safety Program Plan and Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan. SSOAs will have three years from the effective date of the final rule to fully implement the rule’s requirements. Stay updated on FTA safety rulemakings on FTA’s safety-related rulemaking webpage.
- 21 Jan 2021Current Practices in the Use of Onboard Technologies to Avoid Transit Bus Incidents and Accidents (TCRP Synthesis of Transit Practice)
- 21 Jan 2021Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation (TCRP Research Report)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Annual Report on Public Transportation Innovation Research Projects for Fiscal Year 2020 (Report 0181)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management Follow-up for Less than 30 Ft Bus (Report 0141)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)