The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Office of Transit Safety and Oversight (TSO) announces the availability of a new e-Learning course, “Rail Nomenclature,” on the TSO Safety Training and Resource website. This e-Learning offering will improve skills and awareness regarding the basic terminology and components used in rail transit systems.
“Rail Nomenclature” includes detailed modules on the following topics: Rail transit modes and vehicles, track and special trackwork, traction power, signal systems, rail grade crossings, and operations control center and vehicle maintenance facility.
“Rail Nomenclature” is designed for State Safety Oversight employees and contractors; personnel responsible for safety oversight at rail transit systems; and other website users, including FTA employees, researchers, and all public transit system personnel who are new to rail or have a general interest in understanding rail terminology.
- 21 Jan 2021Current Practices in the Use of Onboard Technologies to Avoid Transit Bus Incidents and Accidents (TCRP Synthesis of Transit Practice)
- 21 Jan 2021Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation (TCRP Research Report)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Annual Report on Public Transportation Innovation Research Projects for Fiscal Year 2020 (Report 0181)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management Follow-up for Less than 30 Ft Bus (Report 0141)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)