TRB’s Hazardous Materials Cooperative Research Program (HMCRP) Report 5: A Guide for Assessing Community Emergency Response Needs and Capabilities for Hazardous Materials Releases provides step-by-step guidance on assessing hazardous materials emergency response needs at the state, regional, and local levels. The report also addresses matching state, regional, and local capabilities with potential emergencies involving different types of hazardous materials, and offers an assessment on how quickly resources can be expected to be brought to bear in an emergency.
The methodology described in HMCRP Report 5 is designed to be scalable, allowing the implementation results to be aggregated at the local level up through regional, state, and national levels. The guide includes a spreadsheet tool—available online and on CD-ROM with the print version of the report—that is designed to help lead planners through the assessment process. View Report
- 08 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)
- 31 Aug 2018Effective Practices in Bus Transit Safety Emergency Response
- 01 Mar 2018POSITIVE TRAIN CONTROL Many Commuter Railroads Still Have Significant Additional Implementation Work and Opportunities Exist to Provide Federal Assistance
- 06 Feb 2018Substance Abuse Model Policy Templates and Instructions for Adopting Policy
- 24 Jan 2018TCRP Report 194: Pre-publication Draft: Knowledge Management Resource to Support Strategic Workforce Development for Transit Agencies