Services and resources include safety related state and federal regulations, as well as standards related to transit system safety, the FTA State Safety Oversight Program, and drug and alcohol testing regulations. A page of frequently used links provides one click access to a variety of useful websites from regulatory agencies such as USDOT, FHWA and FTA; industry groups such as APTA and CTAA; and research resources such as TRB and TRID. The training page includes links with a range of transit safety offerings to further professional development of transit agency personnel. Additional resources include those related to leading or model transit safety and security practices, policies, programs, or research.
Other Federal agency resources and related resources include: reports and letters issued by FTA’s Transit Advisory Committee for Safety (TRACS) and accident investigation reports issued by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
- 08 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)
- 31 Aug 2018Effective Practices in Bus Transit Safety Emergency Response
- 01 Mar 2018POSITIVE TRAIN CONTROL Many Commuter Railroads Still Have Significant Additional Implementation Work and Opportunities Exist to Provide Federal Assistance
- 06 Feb 2018Substance Abuse Model Policy Templates and Instructions for Adopting Policy
- 24 Jan 2018TCRP Report 194: Pre-publication Draft: Knowledge Management Resource to Support Strategic Workforce Development for Transit Agencies