Training & Resources
Services and resources include safety related state and federal regulations as well as standards related to transit system safety, the State Safety Oversight Program, and drug and alcohol testing regulations. A page of frequently used links provides one click access to a variety of useful websites from regulatory agencies such as USDOT, FHWA and FTA; industry groups such as APTA and CTAA and research resources such as TRB and TRID. The training page includes course development and provider links with a range of transit safety offerings to further professional development of service providers. Additional resources include those related to leading or model transit safety and security practices, policies, programs, or research.
- 21 Jan 2021Current Practices in the Use of Onboard Technologies to Avoid Transit Bus Incidents and Accidents (TCRP Synthesis of Transit Practice)
- 21 Jan 2021Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation (TCRP Research Report)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Annual Report on Public Transportation Innovation Research Projects for Fiscal Year 2020 (Report 0181)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management Follow-up for Less than 30 Ft Bus (Report 0141)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)