In response to recent amendments made to the USDOT rule 49 CFR Part 40, The Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs, FDOT is issuing two new FTA-compliant policy templates. To assist the District offices and our state’s transit systems in understanding the regulatory changes and how they relate to the policy templates, Diana Byrnes (CUTR) has recorded a technical assistance webinar: https://cutr.adobeconnect.com/phjdul06hicm/.
To ensure FDOT’s compliance with FTA rule, all 5311 sub-recipient agencies and contractors performing transportation services for a 5311 sub-recipient, are required to adopt one of the two policy templates. (Other transit systems are welcome to utilize the policy templates as well, if they choose to do so).
- 21 Jan 2021Current Practices in the Use of Onboard Technologies to Avoid Transit Bus Incidents and Accidents (TCRP Synthesis of Transit Practice)
- 21 Jan 2021Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation (TCRP Research Report)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Annual Report on Public Transportation Innovation Research Projects for Fiscal Year 2020 (Report 0181)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management Follow-up for Less than 30 Ft Bus (Report 0141)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)