TRB’s Protection of Transportation Infrastructure from Cyber Attacks: A Primer provides transportation organizations with reference materials concerning cybersecurity concepts, guidelines, definitions, and standards. The primer is a joint product of two TRB Cooperative Research Programs, and is categorized as Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) Web-Only Document 67 and National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Web-Only Document 221.
The Primer delivers strategic, management, and planning information associated with cybersecurity and its applicability to transit and state DOT operations. It includes definitions and rationales that describe the principles and practices that enable effective cybersecurity risk management. The primer provides transportation managers and employees with greater context and information regarding the principles of information technology and operations systems security planning and procedures.
The report is supplemented with an Executive Briefing for use as a 20-minute presentation to senior executives on security practices for transit and DOT cyber and industrial control systems. A PowerPoint summary of the project is also available. View Report
- 21 Jan 2021Current Practices in the Use of Onboard Technologies to Avoid Transit Bus Incidents and Accidents (TCRP Synthesis of Transit Practice)
- 21 Jan 2021Characteristics and Elements of Non-Punitive Employee Safety Reporting Systems for Public Transportation (TCRP Research Report)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Annual Report on Public Transportation Innovation Research Projects for Fiscal Year 2020 (Report 0181)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management Follow-up for Less than 30 Ft Bus (Report 0141)
- 21 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)