TRB’s Protection of Transportation Infrastructure from Cyber Attacks: A Primer provides transportation organizations with reference materials concerning cybersecurity concepts, guidelines, definitions, and standards. The primer is a joint product of two TRB Cooperative Research Programs, and is categorized as Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) Web-Only Document 67 and National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Web-Only Document 221.
The Primer delivers strategic, management, and planning information associated with cybersecurity and its applicability to transit and state DOT operations. It includes definitions and rationales that describe the principles and practices that enable effective cybersecurity risk management. The primer provides transportation managers and employees with greater context and information regarding the principles of information technology and operations systems security planning and procedures.
The report is supplemented with an Executive Briefing for use as a 20-minute presentation to senior executives on security practices for transit and DOT cyber and industrial control systems. A PowerPoint summary of the project is also available. View Report
- 08 Jan 2021FTA Standards Development Program: Crashworthiness/Crash Energy Management for Transit Bus (Report 0179)
- 31 Aug 2018Effective Practices in Bus Transit Safety Emergency Response
- 01 Mar 2018POSITIVE TRAIN CONTROL Many Commuter Railroads Still Have Significant Additional Implementation Work and Opportunities Exist to Provide Federal Assistance
- 06 Feb 2018Substance Abuse Model Policy Templates and Instructions for Adopting Policy
- 24 Jan 2018TCRP Report 194: Pre-publication Draft: Knowledge Management Resource to Support Strategic Workforce Development for Transit Agencies